hTools3 is packaged and distributed as a RoboFont extension.
Installing with Mechanic
It is recommended to install hTools3 using Mechanic, so it can automatically check for updates and install them.
- After acquiring a license, you will receive a
hTools3.mechanicfile per email.
- Go to the Mechanic extension’s settings.
- Use the plus button to add the
.mechanicfile to the list of Single Extension Items.
The hTools3 extension can also be installed manually if you have the extension package.
Simply double-click the file
hTools3.roboFontExt to have it installed in RoboFont.
If you install hTools3 manually, you will not be notified automatically about updates!
Installing from source
hTools3 can be used directly from the source code if you have access to the repository.
This mode allows developers to make changes to the code while using and testing the tools in RoboFont.
- Clone the repository using
git clone(recommended) or download the source code.
- In the RoboFont Preferences window, go to Extensions > Start Up Scripts.
- Add the file
hTools3/Lib/start.pyto the list of start-up scripts.
- Save the settings and restart RoboFont – hTools3 will now appear in the main menu.