All notable changes to hTools3 are documented in this file.
Released on 24 August 2021.
- Changed Moved outline transformation scripts to new menu subfolder glyphs > contours.
- Changed The layers modifier dialog now allows empty selection, which returns the current layer.
- Changed Made the width of the preferences dialog standard, renamed window title to settings.
- Added Adding new tool glyphs > anchors > copy to transfer anchors between fonts and/or layers.
- Added Adding new tool glyphs > contours > outline to expand contours by a given offset.
- Added Adding new tool glyphs > layers > lock to lock/unlock the width of all layers in a glyph.
- Fixed Fixed
hProjectbug when setting neutral font info in generated variable sources.
Released on 16 May 2021.
- Changed Rebuilt user docs using Bootstrap to make it responsive and usable on mobile devices.
- Changed Renaming color conversion functions in
- Added Adding new tool glyph > display options to quickly toggle display options in the Glyph Editor.
- Added Adding new page with information about licensing to the user docs.
- Added Adding new page with Single User License document (draft).
- Added Adding instructions to install hTools3 from the source code.
Released on 26 January 2021.
- Changed Switching from popup list to plain list for target layer selection in glyphs > metrics > copy.
- Added New script glyphs > guidelines > new from selection.
- Fixed Fixed bug with layer selection in the current glyph.
Released on 12 January 2021.
- Changed Adding support for multiple layers and decomposition preview in glyphs > transform > actions.
- Changed Adding balance handles to glyphs > transform > actions.
- Changed Updating and improving the developer docs.
- Added Making user docs and API docs available from the Extensions > hTools3 menu.
- Fixed Fixed bug with decomposing glyphs in glyphs > transform > actions.
Released on 31 December 2020.
Trial period terminated. Get in touch if you would like to acquire a license.
- Changed Switching from steppers to text boxes with support for arrow keys for numerical input.
- Changed Adding slant angle to font > adjust vmetrics, renaming tool to adjust dimensions.
- Changed Adding new duplicate and rename section to batch > build glyphs.
- Changed Adding editing area and export button to glyphs > components > build glyph constructions.
- Changed Moving changelog from standalone
.txtfile into the documentation.
- Changed Renaming tools and menus in the docs, redoing all screenshots, reviewing content, etc.
- Changed Improved mechanism to activate projections mode in glyph > link points.
- Changed Standardizing all tools as floating windows without the title bar.
- Added Enabling drag-and-drop of font files into all batch tools.
- Added New scripts font > invert selection amd new glyphs from templates.
- Added New tool font > export layers.
- Added New script glyphs > glyph names > skip export.
- Added New introductory pages in the documentation: History, Overview, Installation, etc.
- Added New glyph output mode as unicode character in glyphs > glyph names > print list.
- Added Created new icon representing toolkit for digital punchcuters.
Released on 29 August 2020.
- Added New tool font > set glyph order.
- Added New tool glyphs > components > build constructions.
- Added New script glyphs > components > decompose.
- Changed Centered preview in glyph > interpolation.
Released on 04 June 2020.
- Changed Trial period extended until 31/12/2020.
- Fixed Reverting default selection of template glyphs.
Released on 02 June 2020.
- Changed Trial period extended for 2 more months.
- Fixed Glyph selection algorithm in Single Window Mode.
- Added New module functions to generate variable fonts and webfonts.
Released on 22 April 2020.
- Added New tool glyphs > actions + documentation.
- Added Option to clear layers in font > clear data.
- Fixed Bug in glyph > measurements which caused components to be deleted.
- Fixed Bug in glyphs > copy width which raised an error.
Released on 03 April 2020.
Initial public release as a trial extension.
- Added New online documentation and GitLab Pages workflow.