Rasterizing glyphs into another layer
A step-by-step guide to rasterize glyph contours into another layer of the same font.
Previewing the rasterization
- Open the Glyph Editor with a glyph you wish to rasterize.
- Open the rasterizer palette from the Extensions menu.
- Change the grid and element settings and watch the rasterization preview update in real time.
- Adjust the settings until you’re satisfied with the result in the preview.
Rasterizing the glyphs
- Choose the source layer containing the contours to be scanned.
- Choose the target layer where the elements will be drawn.
- Choose between component mode or contour mode using the checkbox.
- Use the rasterize button to rasterize the selected source glyphs into the target layer.
result in component mode
result in contour mode
Notes about component mode
- if the element glyph does not yet exist in the font, it will be created the first time you use the rasterize button
- the element shape is always drawn in the current target layer
- if the element settings are changed, the element glyph is updated the next time the rasterize button is used
- if the element settings are not changed, only the rasterization function is performed