hRasterizer is packaged and distributed as a RoboFont extension.
Installing with Mechanic
It is recommended to install hRasterizer using Mechanic, so it can automatically check for updates and install them.
- After acquiring a license, you will receive a
hRasterizer.mechanicfile per email.
- Go to the Mechanic extension’s settings.
- Use the plus button to add the
.mechanicfile to the list of Single Extension Items.
If you install hRasterizer manually, you will not be notified about updates.
The hRasterizer extension can also be installed manually if you have the extension package.
Simply double-click the file
hRasterizer.roboFontExt to have it installed in RoboFont.
Installing from source
hRasterizer can be used directly from the source code if you have access to the repository.
This mode allows developers to make changes to the code while using and testing the tools in RoboFont.
- Clone the repository using
git clone(recommended) or download the source code.
- In the RoboFont Preferences window, go to Extensions > Start Up Scripts.
- Add the file
hRasterizer/Lib/start.pyto the list of start-up scripts.
- Save the settings and restart RoboFont – hRasterizer will now appear under the Extensions menu.